Plant Life Cycle Stages are a really fascinating part of plant science. This worksheet makes learning about them a breeze!
Science lessons for kids don’t have to be complicated, and natural science is a great place to start. The best part about natural science is that it’s all around you! Kids can experience it on your front porch, your backyard, at the park, etc.
The plant cycle is a great place to start!
What Are The Plant Life Cycle Stages?
Feeling a little rusty on your botanical terminology? No worries – the plant life cycle stages are simple to learn and remember! And there really isn’t any special vocabulary to learn.
- It all starts with.. you guessed it… a seed! Find some seeds with your kids – you don’t need to buy any unless you’d like to! There’s seeds to be found out in nature, but also plenty to be discovered in the fruits and vegetables in your home.
- Germination occurs when the seeds sprout, and then the sprout grows into a seedling! Baby plants, awww! Maybe they aren’t quite as cute as baby humans or baby animals.. but still! 😉 Keep your eyes peeled for young plants and discuss how you can tell a plant is still immature and a seedling.
- Once a seedling does some solid growing, it can be considered a mature plant.. oooooh! Is it older and wiser? Who knows! What we do know is that mature plants are what provide us with flowers, food, AND new seeds!
- Wah-lah the plant life cycles stages start over again!
Teaching Kids The Plant Life Cycle
Make it easy on yourself – talk about and find natural examples of the three main plant life cycle stages. Then take a minute to print out this worksheet and have your child complete it! Kids who are old enough to write can even label each stage. For the whole worksheet, you’ll just need coloring supplies, scissors, and a dab of glue!
GRAB THIS MEMBER’S ONLY FREE PLANT LIFE CYCLE STAGES PRINTABLE HERE!
This plant life cycle stages worksheet is part of our member’s only library! And it’s completely free to become a member! Whoo-hoo!
Otherwise, sign up below to become a member and get the library password! Once downloaded, print away!
You might also enjoy:
- Toddler Safe Nature Walk Tips
- Dancing Popcorn Science Project
- Very Simple Apple Volcano Science Experiment
?PIN THIS FOR LATER?