You’re going to have so much fun playing this fun, free valentine printable matching game with the preschooler(s) in your life!
Hearts are right on theme with Valentine’s Day approaching, and this is a fun way to practice colors with a little magic sprinkled in. Everything is more fun when it pairs up with a holiday, right?!
Ways for Your Child to Play The Free Valentine Printable PDF Memory Game
Memory games are one of my favorite games in the preschool years because they are simply to learn, pretty quick to play, and I just adore the look on my preschooler’s face when she gets a match!
Seriously, these are such sweet years! 🥰
If your child has siblings, it can be really helpful if older siblings play a matching game with your preschooler. Yay for fostering sibling connection and having everyone occupied for a bit while you get done whatever you need/want to!
Memory is also a great game for preschoolers to play solo. You have to teach them to play the game first, and play enough times that they understand the concept thoroughly.We’ve played memory type games dozens of times (probably hundreds realistically) and it’s no problem to give my preschooler a set of memory cards and as her to spend some of her quiet time playing this on her own!
I opted to feature the color names on each heart because if you have a child who is ready/interested in letters and words, it’s a fun bonus! If your focus is primarily on reinforcing the colors, the words are not the primary focal point of the card and will not be a distraction. More exposure to words is always a good thing!
Psst! If you are interested in the brain benefits of matching/memory games, I featured them in this post! And if you are interested in the developmental benefits of matching/memory games, I included them in this post!
How to Play the Free Valentine Printable PDF Matching Game
This heart-themed printable game for Valentine’s Day is meant to make life easier for busy moms like you, so you have more time to spend playing and having fun with your preschooler!
- Print out the Valentine printable below! If you print on cardstock, that helps prevent the image from being visible through the paper, and normally I don’t have any problems
- Cut out the squares. If your child has solid scissor skills, invite them to help! If not, check out these tips for teaching scissor skills.
- Laminate if you’d like the cards to not get bent/wrinkled as easily. I opted not to this time, but my preschooler is really enjoying the game so I may still go ahead and do it.
- Place all squares face down, mix them up, and take turns flipping over two squares per turn. Lay them in a grid to make it easier, spread them out randomly for a bigger challenge.
Download Your Free Valentine Printable PDF Matching Game!
This heart-themed Valentine’s Day matching game download is part of our member’s only library! And it’s completely free to become a member! Whoo-hoo!
If you are an existing member, click here to head to the member’s only section and enter the password from your welcome email.
Otherwise, sign up below to become a member and get the library password. Once downloaded, just print and enjoy! And enjoy lifetime membership to the entire member library!
You might also enjoy:
- 8 Cute Valentine’s Day Printables
- Valentine’s Day Printable Coloring Page
- Adorable Preschool Board Game for Kids